Child In Need of Aid (CINA)

Legal Information

Other Family Problems

6 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

A child I care about is in foster care in Alaska – An FAQ for friends and relatives

Answers to common questions about how a grandparent, relative, or friend can help support a child in foster care who is not your child.

Adoption and Guardianship: Making Permanent Plans for Children

This website by the State of Alaska, Department of Health & Social Services, provides information about adoptions and guardianships for minors, as well as links to other resources

A Parent's Guide to the Child in Need of Aid Mediation Program

Description of the Child in Need of Aid mediation process. This guide discusses the role of the mediator and the rights of those involved in the mediation process.

Child protection in Alaska, what happens after a report of harm? - FAQ

Answers to common questions about child protection, the Alaska Office of Children's Services, and Child in Need of Aid (CINA) proceedings in Alaska.

Court Mediation Programs

The Alaska Court System provides free and low-cost mediation programs for child custody/visitation cases, child-in-need-of-aid (CINA) cases, & adult guardianship/conservatorship cases. Information about these programs in particular, and mediation in other matters is available here.

What is a Guardian ad Litem or Custody Investigator?

A brief explanation of the terms "Guardian ad Litem" (GAL) and "Custody Investigator (CI)" in Alaska State Court custody or divorce with children cases.

Back to top