Housing Discrimination

Legal Information > How to File a Housing Complaint

Resources for victims of housing discrimination and information about sexual harassment, domestic violence, and disability discrimination 

Click here for court information and court forms. 

  • Alaska Human Rights Commission

    The Alaska Human Rights Commission is the state agency that enforces the Alaska Human Rights Law, which includes some housing laws. Content Detail

  • Alaska Legal Services - Fair Housing Enforcement Project

    Alaska Legal Services Corporation (ALSC) was established in 1967 as a private, nonprofit law firm. Our Fair Housing Enforcement Project works to eliminate housing discrimination and to ensure equal housing opportunity for all people in Alaska through education, outreach, advocacy, and enforcement. Do you think you may have been a victim of housing discrimination? Do you have questions about fair housing? Call our statewide toll-free hotline: 1-855-679-FAIR(3247) Visit us online: Content Detail

    Alaska Legal Services Corporation
  • Anchorage Equal Rights Commission

    The Anchorage Equal Rights Commission is the municipal agency that enforces anti-discrimination laws, including the Anchorage Fair Housing Act. If you are a victim of housing discrimination and live in Anchorage, you can file a complaint a complaint with the Anchorage Equal Rights Commission. Content Detail

  • How to File a Housing Discrimination Complaint with HUD

    Federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, or disability. If you have been trying to buy or rent a home or apartment and you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a complaint. Content Detail

    U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)