Grandparent Custody and Visitation

Legal Information

Other Seniors Problems

6 Resource(s) Found

A child I care about is in foster care in Alaska – An FAQ for friends and relatives

Answers to common questions about how a grandparent, relative, or friend can help support a child in foster care who is not your child.

Court Mediation Programs

The Alaska Court System provides free and low-cost mediation programs for child custody/visitation cases, child-in-need-of-aid (CINA) cases, & adult guardianship/conservatorship cases. Information about these programs in particular, and mediation in other matters is available here.

Delegation of Powers by Parent

This form allows a temporary one-year delegation of powers by a parent or guardian to a 3rd party. The form gives all the powers of a parent or guardian to the named person for up to one year.

Grandparent Custody

Start here for information about obtaining custody of your grandchildren in Alaska.

Visitation Rights of Grandparents

Here you will find information about Grandparent Visitation Rights in Alaska.

What is a Guardian ad Litem or Custody Investigator?

A brief explanation of the terms "Guardian ad Litem" (GAL) and "Custody Investigator (CI)" in Alaska State Court custody or divorce with children cases.

Back to top