Alaska Legal Services - Fairbanks
Who We Are
Alaska Legal Services is a private, non-profit corporation that provides free legal assistance on civil matters to low income Alaskans.
What help can I find at ALSC?
· Legal information,
· Self-help materials,
· Legal advice,
· Legal representation by an ALSC attorney, and/or
· Referrals to pro bono attorneys and other legal providers.
What kinds of problems should I call about?
· Domestic Abuse
· Money Problems
· Public Benefits
· Alaska Native/American Indian Issues
· Assistance to Seniors
What does ALSC not handle?
ALSC does not handle auto accidents, personal injury cases, or most immigration issues and does not take criminal cases (including traffic citations). Because we are funded by the Legal Services Corporation there are additional restrictions on certain other cases.
How can I get help from ALSC?
You must apply for services before we can help. Contact your local office to request an application, or visit our website to download an application. Applications can be mailed, faxed or emailed to you, or picked up in person at your local office.
In general, applicants must be US citizens or eligible aliens, with a household income below 125% of federal poverty guidelines. Consideration for applicants with incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines is made on a case by case basis. Income restrictions do not apply for Seniors 60 and over, however priority is given to those with greatest social and economic need.
How can I get more information about ALSC?
Check out our web site at www.alsc-law.org.
Who We Serve
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Pro Se Legal Clinic
- Self-Help Materials