Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assualt Pro Bono Program
Who We Are
The ANDVSA Pro Bono Program helps victims of domestic violence and sexual assault by providing free legal representation in civil cases. Referrals to the Pro Bono Program should be made through the advocate at your local domestic violence and sexual assault program.
Who We Can Help
It is our goal to try to help all victims who seek our assistance. However, given the limited number of pro bono attorneys in our program, whether or not we can help you depends upon:
· the type of legal issue for which you are seeking assistance
· whether children are involved;
· the complexity of the legal issues;
· the level of violence of the situation; and
· your financial circumstances.
Types of Cases
Custody, safe visitation, divorce and child support cases are the primary types of cases for which we try to find attorneys. We also seek to find legal assistance for victims who need help with other types of cases, such as landlord/tenant, public assistance or probate issues.
Financial Eligibility Requirements
The ANDVSA Pro Bono Program does not have strict financial eligibility guidelines for accepting cases. We will give priority to those applicants who appear less able to afford a private attorney after considering their income, resources and expenses.
Who We Serve
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?