Residential Public Utility Disconnection Information during COVID-19

Information regarding Public Utility Disconnection during COVID-19

Attached is a letter from the Regulatory Commission of Alaska about SB241 utility cutoffs. For additional information visit the RCA’s website


What if my services aren’t reconnected? 
If you are unable to resolve disputes with your utility company - file an informal complaint online at RCA's online complaint portal or download the Informal Complaint Form.  A consumer protection and information officer will contact you within two business days upon receipt of your complaint. 
If you have an urgent matter (e.g., disconnection of power), contact RCA immediately using the information below: 
RCA Consumer Protection & Information Section
Tel. No. (907) 276-6222
1-800-390-2782 (outside Anchorage)
Fax: (907) 276-0160
TTY/Alaska Relay: 7-1-1 or 1-800-770-8973


Additional Consumer Financial Resources

This website explains how to use the COVID-19 Hardship Declaration form if you are not able to pay Rent or Utilities.

You can call 2-1-1 or visit the Alaska 211 website to learn more about assistance with utility expenses
To look into applying for public benefits visit the Alaska Division of Public Assistance.   
For assistance with the cost of monthly phone or Internet bill visit Lifeline.
To see if you qualify for rent reduction visit Alaska Housing

Last Review and Update: Aug 27, 2020
Back to top